Universal Audio Arrow Thunderbolt 3 Interface with SOLO Processing (Mac/Win)
Shape your Recordings Into Records with Genuine UA Conversion and Classic Studio Sounds.
Arrow is the world’s first Thunderbolt 3-powered desktop recording audio interface for Mac and Windows — delivering class-leading audio conversion, two Unison™ mic preamps, and a suite of onboard UAD plug-ins for album-quality results. This compact 2x4 interface starts with esteemed UA conversion derived from UA’s flagship Apollo interface range, to sonically outperform anything in its class. With its Unison technology and built-in UAD-2 SOLO Core processor, you can record through classic audio tools including the 610 Tube Preamp, LA-2A and 1176 compressors, and a genuine Marshall Plexi amp plug-in — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer setting.
NOW YOU CAN:
- Record with class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Mix with included UAD plug‑ins like the Teletronix® LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, and more
- Track with near-zero latency through mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve,® API,® Marshall,® Fender,® and more using Unison™ technology
- Create on-the-go with a sonically superior, bus-powered interface with rugged all-metal construction
Ready to Go - With its robust all-metal construction and bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 operation, Arrow is the only "clutter-free" portable audio interface that truly delivers album-quality results. It’s like having a virtual analog studio that fits onto any desktop, and easily travels in your laptop bag.
Unison™ Technology for Stunning Mic and Guitar Preamp Emulations - Arrow’s Unison technology gives you the tone, touch and “feel” of world’s most sought-after preamps. These include the bundled 610-B Tube Preamp, plus authentic mic preamp emulations from Neve® and API,® as well as guitar amp emulations from Fender® and Marshall® — complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Arrow’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Arrow’s Console software, and it physically reconfigures Arrow’s impedance — so you can tap into the classic tube and transformer sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps and guitar amps.
A Full Suite of Classic Studio Processing Onboard - Right out of the box, Arrow provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged. From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Vintage Guitar and Bass Amps - For guitarists and bassists, Arrow includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input — giving you access to dead-on emulations of amps like the Fender®'55 Tweed Deluxe, Ampeg® B-15N Bass Amplifier, Eden® WT800 Bass Amplifier, and the included Marshall® Plexi Classic — all available at near-zero latency for songwriting and recording.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins - Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Arrow lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines, Auto-Tune and more — in real time, and without taxing your computer’s CPU. With exclusive emulations from Neve, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, Marshall, Antares, KORG, Moog, and more* the creative possibilities are nearly endless.
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ - Impart your tracks with the iconic warmth and character of the classic hardware used to track everyone from Duke Ellington to Coldplay. By emulating the entire signal path, including tube amplifiers, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities, the 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in injects organic detail and saturation to any signal — whether you’re re-amping or tracking through the 610-B via Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology.
- Marshall® Plexi Classic Amplifier - The undisputed alpha dog of rock and roll guitar amps, the Marshall “plexi” amplifier is as legendary as the music it helped create. From Jimi Hendrix to Jimmy Page, Duane Allman to Eric Clapton, the Plexi’s punishing melange of snarl, sustain, smoothness, and raunch defined the sound of rock. Developed by Softube, the Marshall Plexi Classic Amp plug-in gives you the sound of this iconic amp with a perfectly placed microphone from engineer Tony Platt who recorded AC/DC’s Back in Blackand Highway to Hell.
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy) - With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls gives you the ideal optical compression sound for guitar, bass, drums, and more.
- 1176SE/LN® Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy) - Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176LN has graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, to the White Stripes and Michael Jackson.
- Pultec® Pro Equalizers (Legacy) - Mix with two of the most sought-after hardware EQs ever made — the MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the EQP-1A Program Equalizer. Both of these tube-based icons deliver smooth and silky EQ curves with an abundance of warm analog character.
- Precision Mix Rack Collection - Featuring the Precision Channel Strip, Precision Reflection Engine, and Precision Delay Modulation plug-ins, the Precision Mix Rack Collection offers four modern, high-fidelity plug-ins for recording and mixing. Powerful and intuitive, Precision Mix Rack Collection gives you an impressive tool set — perfect for beginners and seasoned professionals alike.
- Raw Distortion - Modeled from a vintage early-’80s Pro Co Rat, Raw Distortion delivers all the gritty dynamic raunch of the legendary stompbox. And with Unison™ technology, you can plug in to Apollo Twin, 8, or 8p’s front-panel Hi-Z instrument jack and experience the same circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points for the true tone, feel, and response of the original hardware.
- Softube Bass Amp Room - Based on a classic and versatile 1970’s bass amp, Softube’s Bass Amp Room plug-in boasts a vast range of sonic textures — from clean and fat to gritty and thick. Offering a monstrous 8x10 cabinet, blend-able DI, and adjustable mic placement, the Bass Amp Room plug-in gives you enough sonic versatility to cover any genre.
- RealVerb Pro - RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb based on UA’s own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond simply big/small or dark/bright, giving your sources distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail.
- Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve® , API® , Manley® , Marshall®, Fender® , and more*
- Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle
- Bus-powered connection to Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and reduced cable clutter
Arrow System Requirements
- Mac or PC computer with available Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (sold separately)
- (Mac) macOS 10.12 Sierra or 10.13 High Sierra
- (Win) Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended