Tannoy PA Loudspeaker - CVS-8
- 8" Coaxial In-Ceiling Loudspeaker for Installation Applications
- Coaxial full range ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications
- 60 Watts continuous, 240 Watts peak power
- 8” mineral loaded polypropylene driver with nitrile rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability
- 0.75" ferrofluid cooled soft dome neodymium high frequency driver
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage
- UL 1480 certified for fire-protected signalling systems
- UL 2043 certified for air-handling spaces
- UV and weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input
- Low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch
- Semi matt white finish fits unobtrusively in any environment
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with dust protection
- Phoenix connector with steel cover and strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable
- 5-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The CVS 8 is a compact 240-Watt ceiling loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 8 offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion more typically found in a studio reference monitor than a ceiling loudspeaker. The resulting sound is warm, with a nuanced and pristine clarity that envelopes the listener – without intruding.
The design comprises a 200 mm (8.00") mid bass driver with a coaxially mounted 19 mm (0.75") high frequency section mounted in a vented, injection moulded, paintable front baffle manufactured from UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS material. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround enhance durability and long-term reliability. This compact unit is specifically designed for applications requiring the combination of excellent sonic quality for music and speech reinforcement and exceptional reliability.
Supplied with an integral zinc-plated steel back can, with recessed termination box, the CVS 8 satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements. The removable locking connector has screw terminals for secure wire termination and “loop through” facility. Strain relief is provided by a clamping mechanism for use with plenum rated cable or conduit. Security toggle clamps make for quick and easy installation, while two tile support rails and one C-ring are also included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory.