KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitor (Powered)
Utilizing state-of-the-art components to achieve a level of clarity and sonic accuracy that is unprecedented, the new Expose E8B is the flagship of KRK's product line. The E8B utilizes two discrete Class A / AB power amplifiers - one each for HF and LF - with symmetrical heat sinks built into the sides for cool, reliable operation. This bi-amplified system is perfectly mated to the exceptional transducer complement, consisting of a beryllium and aluminum (AlBeMet) tweeter that takes high frequency performance beyond the physical limitations of more conventional tweeter materials, coupled with a multilayered Kevlar/Rohacell woofer for superior reproduction accuracy. With its stunning, highly functional enclosure featuring thick, non-parallel, internal walls that eliminate standing waves, a non-slip, sound absorbing rubberized base, and magnetic shielding for use in close proximity to video monitors, the Expose E8B elevates KRK's reputation as a manufacturer of premium studio reference monitors to an entirely new level.
KRK is proud to announce the release of the Expose E8B studio monitor. KRK's Expose series has long been considered the pinnacle of excellence in the recording industry. The new E8B monitor carries the legacy of KRK's Expose line to new heights. The new E8B utilizes state-of-the-art components to help achieve clarity and sonic accuracy that improves on the original and creates a monitor that is the best in the business. Whether it is the Expose beryllium/aluminum tweeter (AlbeMet) that provides smooth, lightning fast transient response or the implementation of dual discrete class A/AB amplifiers to achieve incredible detail or the striking curved cabinet which reduces diffraction, the E8B has distanced the Expose line from the competition.
- Uncompromised high-grade dual amplification system for incredible detail.
- Aluminum/Beryllium composite (AlBeMET) inverted dome high frequency transducer provides smooth, lightning fast transient response.
- Extended HF frequencies ideal for use with high sample rate computer audio systems.
- Increased cabinet radius edges improve natural diffraction and provide a larger sweet spot.
- Attractive new enclosure looks great in any recording environment.
- System type:Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency:8" Dual Layer Kevlar/Rohacell woofer
- High-Frequency:1" AlBeMET (aluminum/beryllium) inverted dome tweeter
- Frequency Response:40Hz - 30kHz (+/- 2dB)
- Max Peak SPL:115 dB
- Amplifier Class:Class A-B
- Power Output:240W
- High Frequency:120W
- Low Frequency:120W
- Input Impedance (Ohms):10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust:-2dB, -1.5dB, -1dB, -0.5dB, 0dB, +0.5dB, +1.0dB LF
- HF Shelf:-2dB, -1.5dB, -1dB, -0.5dB, 0dB, +0.5dB, +1.0dB
- LF Level Adjust:-3dB @ 45Hz, -3dB @ 50Hz, -3dB @ 65Hz
- System Volume:(-30dB - +6dB)
- Auto Mute:N/A
- Indicator Control:N/A
- Input Connectors:
- Balanced XLR
- Ground Lift:N/A
- AC Power Input:
- Selectable 100V, 120V, 230V, 240V (50Hz - 60Hz)
- Enclosure Construction:25mm MDF
- Finish:Black Textured Paint
- Port Configuration:Front firing slot port
- Compatable OmniMount:120.0 WBX
- Dimensions (H x W x D):19.3" (491mm) x 14.6" (370mm) x 14" (355mm)
- Weight:67 Lbs. (30.4 Kg.)