30kHz Cardioid Instrument Microphone
Precision engineered cardioid condenser designed for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums
150Hz – 30kHz flat frequency response
Cardioid polar pattern
Handles up to 139dB SPL without distortion
The Earthworks SR30 is a multi-purpose cardioid condenser microphone designed for instrument miking in live performance and studio recording environments.
A natural performer, the SR30 delivers a transparent, true to life sound no matter what the instrument.
Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping capture the true character of your instrument.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement and ensuring more gain before feedback. With 32dB of off-axis rejection, the SR30 is ideally suited for capturing audio in highly ambient environments and near monitor speakers.
With a lighting fast transient response, the SR30 handles sharp attacks with ease, while still capture all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. With an SPL rating of 139dB, the SR30 delivers exceptional reproduction of without distortion.
Ideal for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums.
- Extended frequency response to 30kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
Frequency Response: 100Hz to 30kHz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
Output: XLR (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
Dimensions L x D: 212mm x x 22mm (8.4 x .860 inches)
Weight: .5 lb (225g)