The Audio-Technica AT4000b-48
is the body of the modular small-diaphragm condenser
microphone system. Please see the "What's In the Box?
" Section for itemization of package contents. Recommended for professional recording
and critical applications in broadcast,
this versatile microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS). The AT4000b-48
is the basis of a modular subassembly system, which fits three different capsules (each sold separately): omnidirectional
), and hyper-cardioid
). Another route for both building out a microphone locker and upon the modular system is to purchase either of the following, as they include the AT4000b-48
and a specified capsule, after which other capsules may be purchased separately, for use with the original AT4000b-48: AT4049b
(cardioid), and AT4053b
(1) Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
(2) Omnidirectional polar pattern provides maximum ambient pickup.
(3) Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions.
(4) Transformer-less circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients.
(5) Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad.
(6) Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability.
(7) State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards.
(8) RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
Single Unit - What's In the Box?
Audio-Technica AT4900b-48 Condenser Microphone Body
AT8405a Snap-in Microphone Stand Clamp
Protective Plastic Carrying Case
Limited 1-Year Warranty
Official Audio-Technica Literature
AT4049b Technical Data
|ELEMENT ||Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor |
|POLAR PATTERN ||Omni-Directional |
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE ||20-20,000 Hz |
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF ||80 Hz, 18 dB/octave |
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY ||-34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa |
|IMPEDANCE ||50 ohms |
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL ||145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal) |
|NOISE ||16 dB SPL |
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) ||129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL |
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO ||78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa |
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS ||48V DC, 4.8 mA typical |
|SWITCH ||Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal) |
|WEIGHT ||130 g (4.6 oz) |
|DIMENSIONS ||155.0 mm (6.10") long; 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter |
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR ||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type |
|OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS ||AT4051b-EL (cardioid); AT4053b-EL (hypercardioid) |
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED ||AT8405a stand clamp; windscreen; protective carrying case |
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE ||S1 |