(01) Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement. (02) Proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability.
(03) Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity.
(04) Extremely powerful N50 rare earth magnets for high output level.
(05) Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage.
(06) Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element.
(07) High-SPL capability and extended frequency response.
(08) Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction.
(09) Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range.
(10) Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
(11) Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections.
(12) Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
(13) Custom shock mount provides superior isolation.
(14) Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance).
AT8449 Shock Mount
Limited 5-Year Warranty
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20-18,000 Hz|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||-39 dB (11.2 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa|
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|NOISE||22 dB SPL|
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||48V DC, 3.0 mA typical|
|WEIGHT||474 g (16.7 oz)|
|DIMENSIONS||177.5 mm (6.99") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter|
|OUTPUT CONNECTORS||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8449a shock mount; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||R1|