The Audio-Technica AT4051b-EL
is a small-diaphragm condenser capsule
. Its polar pattern
. Please note: this product listing is for the capsule
only. It is intended for use with the AT4900b-48
body (sold separately), as part of the Audio-Technica
modular microphone series. You can purchase other capsules, with other polar pattern characteristics. All told, the separate capsules of the system include: omnidirectional
), and hyper-cardioid
). They are intended for inter-changeable use with the AT4900b-48
body. Another option for building out your modular system is to start by purchasing one of the full assembly kits of the modular series, and adding other capsules to suit your particular needs: the AT4049b
(cardioid), and AT4053b
(hyper-cardioid). These each include both the AT4900b-48
and specified capsule, after which other capsules may be used inter-changeably. Please see the "What's In the Box?
" Section for itemization of package contents. This AT4051b-EL
capsule is recommended for professional recording and critical applications in broadcast. This versatile microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS). The AT4051b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and (this product listing) an AT4051b-EL cardioid head capsule (both available separately). Additional interchangeable capsules are available in omni-directional (AT4049b-EL) and hyper-cardioid (AT4053b-EL).
(1) Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
(2) Omnidirectional polar pattern provides maximum ambient pickup.
(3) Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions.
(4) Transformer-less circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients.
(5) Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad.
(6) Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability.
(7) State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards.
(8) RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).